Foundation Hosts Virtual Grant Celebration on #GivingTuesday
Over 100 community members came together to celebrate the impactful work happening in our community. The Cathedral Choir Academy of Detroit, a 2020 Catholic Foundation grantee, opened the celebration with prayerful and inspiring music. Participants had the opportunity to engage directly with grantee organizations during interactive breakout sections. There, they learned about faith-building through a high ropes course, a parish diversity and inclusion program, and healing retreats for survivors of abuse, just to name a few!
The 33 projects of local parishes, schools and ministries are providing signs of hope in a time when hope is desperately needed. They provide critical needs such as:
- Laptops for youth in a residential program, to support remote learning and job searches.
- Tutoring for children struggling academically due to loss of educational input during the pandemic.
- Maternal and infant health programs to help prepare at-risk new mothers for parenting.
- Spanish-language Healing Retreat for survivors of abuse.
- Music evangelization programming for children and adults.
Over the past three years, the Catholic Foundation has provided more than 300+ grants totaling roughly $4.5 million from both competitive community grants and donor-directed grants. The Catholic community of southeast Michigan is unleashing the Gospel in creative, impactful ways and we invite you to join us in amplifying these efforts.
Join us on this global day of generosity. With your support, we can award even more in 2021. When you give through the Catholic Foundation, your contributions are compounded and have an even greater impact. Together we will unleash the giving across southeast Michigan.
Recording of the live celebration can be viewed below.
Give now to the following granting funds:
- Amazing Catholic Educators
- Catholic Education and Formation
- Social Outreach
- Vibrant Parish Life
- St. Oscar Romero for Latino Ministries
- Church in the City
- Spirit of Innovation
Create your own Granting Fund:
Contact the Catholic Foundation to learn more: Info@CatholicFoundationMichigan.org
We thank our generous sponsors of the 2020 Granting Celebration: