Announcing the CFRF Community Vote Grant Recipients!
The Catholic Faithful Response Fund has helped to rapidly deploy resources to organizations on the front lines during the coronavirus pandemic, and we have been overwhelmed by your faithful, generous giving to ministries, schools and parishes in need of mission-critical funding.
From May 12-18, 2020, we invited you to experience the joy of philanthropy with us by asking you to share with our granting committee the organization that most inspires you from our Grant Catalog.
We were delighted that 6,421 of you responded and we are excited to announce the grant recipients!
These are the organizations with the most unique votes:
$5,000 grant: St. Joseph Shrine, Detroit
$2,500 grant: Cornerstone Education Group, Detroit
$2,500 grant: Regina High School, Warren
$1,000 grant: St. Albert the Great University Parish, Houghton
More than one thousand of you also left a comment about the organization that inspired you, or about the voting process. All of them were wonderful to read. Here were a few highlights:
- “Oh my! I wanted to cast a vote for every single one! I will now send some private donations since I wanted to support so many! God bless you all!”
- “Wonderful opportunity; I could have voted for more. Thank you.”
- “I am impressed that there are so many worthy organizations.”
- “God bless you, Catholic Foundation of Michigan. All of the charities you selected are worthy of support and many are all-volunteer grassroots operations.”
- “Great job inviting participation in this way! Thanks for supporting such important ministries.”
- “Thank you for raising funds and awareness for all of these wonderful organizations!”
- “Praise God for this generous opportunity. I am in awe.”
Your support has empowered our partners to support hundreds of families, senior citizens and vulnerable individuals through local food pantries, shelters, residential facilities and schools.
“Generosity breeds generosity! Donors are adding multiple donations and finding new ways to support. This brings joy and helps us all feel empowered during this time,” shares Angela Moloney, President and CEO of the Catholic Foundation of Michigan.
The Catholic Foundation is taking on all administrative work associated with the granting process, allowing organizations to focus on their critical ministry.
To date, we have granted over $80,000 to organizations that are in need of mission-critical funds. See photos from these organizations and learn more about our collaborative impact.