In the spirit of Advent joy, the Catholic Foundation distributed over $100,000 in today’s annual community grants celebration. The 35 projects of local parishes, schools and ministries provide critical needs such as:
- Evangelization and revitalization programs in Detroit neighborhoods
- Promoting maternal and infant health and helping prepare new mothers for parenting
- A wheelchair accessible van for a community of people with intellectual and developmental challenges
- Spanish-language leadership and evangelization programs
- Development of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd programs at two urban parishes
Over the past two years, the Catholic Foundation has provided more than 300 grants totaling over $2 million from both competitive community grants and donor-directed grants. The Catholic community of southeast Michigan is unleashing the Gospel in creative, impactful ways and we invite you to join us in amplifying these efforts.
This year on #GivingTuesday, the Catholic Foundation is celebrating giving to 35 innovative programs, and we invite you to join us in giving. With your support, we can award even more in 2020. When you give through the Catholic Foundation, your contributions are compounded and have even more impact. Together we are a vital part of unleashing the Gospel throughout southeast Michigan.