Apply for a Competitive Impact Grant
Thank you for your interest in a grant from The Catholic Foundation!
The 2020 grant cycle is now closed. If you are interested in submitting an application for the 2021 cycle, the process will become accessible beginning in April 2021. If you would like to review and prepare ahead of that time, please see below for the 2020 process and related resources.
Please click here to join our mailing list and ensure you receive notifications.
In an effort to reduce an excess of printed grant submissions and as part of the Foundations sustainability practice, all parts of the process are online.
If you do not have web access or need assistance with the process, our staff is here to help and can be reached by calling 248.204.0332 or emailing Meg@CatholicFoundationMichigan.org. Please be sure to start the process early enough so that you can complete it before the deadline.
Before beginning your application process, we ask that you watch the video on the right and review the following items:
- Read the Grant Guidelines – 2021 guidelines coming soon
- Review the Foundation’s Funding Priorities
- Review the Eligibility Requirements Click to ExpandOur Foundation only provides grants to:
- Nonprofit entities that serve communities primarily Michigan
- Organizations with mission, values and behaviors in line with Catholic Teachings
- U.S. 501(c)(3) organizations with audited financial statements
- Addresses one or more of the Foundation’s grant-making priorities
Our Foundation does not fund the following:
- Funds designated for endowment funds, deficit financing, capital campaigns, or loans
- Programs operated to benefit for-profit organizations
- Organizations that discriminate based on any federally protected status
How to Apply
After reviewing the Catholic Foundation guidelines, eligibility requirements and funding priorities, you will create an account on our Online Grant System if you have not already done so.
Stage One: Submit a Letter of Intent
Letters of Intent (LOI) will be accepted by the Catholic Foundation until May 22, 2021. Once you have completed the online form for the LOI through our Online Grant System, you can expect to hear from us within 30 days. All LOIs will be read, though not all may generate an invitation to apply for funding. The Catholic Foundation receives many compelling requests each year and regrettably, we are not able to fund each one.
Stage Two: Complete an Application
Once your Letter of Intent has been reviewed, you may be invited to submit an online grant application. The online application is due July 31. Applicants will hear a response from the Catholic Foundation in November. Our staff is here to assist you with the application process, however, all funding decisions are made by the Catholic Foundation Board of Directors at the fall meeting.
Important Links and Resources:
- Grant Application Instructions
- Grant Frequently Asked Questions
- Grant Writing 101 Presentation
- Grant Writing 201 Presentation
- Learn More About Our Past Grantees