“Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me. For the one who is least among all of you is the one who is the greatest.” -Luke 9:48.
Grant Application Process – Overview
Thank you for your interest in a grant from The Catholic Foundation! In an effort to reduce an excess of printed grant submissions and as part of the Foundation’s sustainability practice, all parts of the process are online.
Before beginning your application process, we ask that you review the following items:
- Read the 2023 Grant Guidelines
- Review the School Readiness Checklist Click to ExpandSchool Readiness Checklist:
- School embodies an “All In” culture with support and collaboration among ALL team members (administrators, school staff, pastor, families, and parish community) embracing inclusion in the schools
- School has an existing Inclusion program with the desire to expand OR desires to create an Inclusion program
- School has identified a student(s) or parishioner(s) who require(s) assistance and would benefit from an Inclusion program
- School is committed to initial and ongoing professional development for staff tailored to school’s needs and the needs of the student.
Our Foundation does not fund the following:
- Funds designated for endowment funds, deficit financing, capital campaigns, or loans
- Programs operated to benefit for-profit organizations
- Organizations that discriminate based on any federally protected status
How to Apply
After reviewing the Catholic Foundation guidelines, eligibility requirements, and funding priorities, you will create an account on our Online Grant System if you have not already done so and complete the following two stages of the application process.
If you do not have web access or need assistance with the process, our staff is here to help and can be reached by calling 248.204.0332 or emailing Christina@CatholicFoundationMichigan.org. Please be sure to start the process early enough so that you can complete it before the deadline.
The 2023 grants process has closed for the year. Please check back in the spring of 2024 for next year!
About Our Patron Saint
Saint Margaret of Castello is the Patron Saint of Children with Disabilities. This Fund was created in her name to help fund schools, parishes, and teachers who wish to educate all of His children. In her lifetime she was cast out because of her own disabilities and told that she could not participate in society because of her special needs. Yet, with God’s grace, she grew up to be a Third-Order Dominican and spent the rest of her life teaching children, especially those with disabilities.
St. Margaret, pray for us!
For more information on St. Margaret of Costello, visit https://www.littlemargaret.org/little-margaret/.
- November 7. 2023 | Ave Maria Radio: Catholic Connection (32:10 minute mark)
- August 3, 2023 | Detroit Catholic | New initiative will help Catholic schools start special needs inclusion programs
- May 2023, Catholic Foundation Article: Opening Doors to Catholic Education
- May 10th, 2023, Ave Maria Radio: Epiphany Segment
About the Catholic Foundation
The Catholic Foundation of Michigan is led by visionary lay Catholics who saw the need to align our charitable giving with our Catholic values. We serve the Catholic community in southeast Michigan by helping ensure that the Church’s outreach will thrive long into the future. We have partnered with parishes, schools and ministries so they will have the resources to ensure their critical work will endure.
Stay up-to-date about how we’re investing in the future of our vibrant Catholic community by subscribing to our newsletter and reading previous newsletters.