Amazing Catholic Educator Award
The Catholic Foundation’s annual Amazing Catholic Educators Award recognizes teachers, specialists and principals within the Archdiocese of Detroit (AOD) Catholic schools who are creating a school culture that is proudly Catholic, academically excellent, accessible to all, and sustainable for the future. Award recipients are exemplary leaders nominated by school administrators for unleashing the Gospel in creative and innovative ways in their school community.
Each award recipient is honored at our annual Catholic Schools celebration and is awarded $1,000. To learn more about our past recipients, please click here.
The Amazing Catholic Educator Awards Nomination Process is currently closed. Check back in early 2022 for more information. To stay connected and learn more, please click here to join our mailing list.
Requirements & Eligibility
Who is Eligible?
The nominee must be a full-time, licensed teacher, specialist (coach, librarian, counselor, etc.) or principal. The educator must be employed by a Catholic school within the Archdiocese of Detroit for a minimum of two full academic years.
Who can Nominate?
For teachers and specialists: School principal or school president (limit of two nominations).
For principals: School pastor, president, or board member.
If you know of an exceptional educator, reach out and encourage your school principal, president and/or pastor to nominate them by noon on February 15th!
How many awards are available? 10
What is the Award Amount: $1,000
How to Nominate
The 2021 Catholic Educator Award Nomination Process is currently closed.
Scroll down to preview the application questions for 2021 process.Teacher Award Questions
- In what ways does this educator embody and exhibit Catholic principles and values inside and outside the classroom? Please describe and provide specific examples.
- In what ways does this educator strive for academic excellence and use innovative tools to empower students? Please describe and provide specific examples.
- In what ways does this educator go above and beyond classroom responsibilities to support the school community at large? Please describe and provide specific examples.
- Please attach one letter of support from a student and/or parent that describes how they have been impacted by this educator (max 250 words).
- Please provide any additional comments or examples of why this teacher is an Amazing Catholic Educator (max 100 words).
- If selected, will you and the educator you are nominating be able to attend the Foundation’s virtual ceremony on Wednesday, March 3 at 9am EST?
Principal Award Questions
- In what ways does this administrator personally embody and exhibit Catholic principles and values inside and outside the school community? Please describe and provide specific examples.
- In what ways does this administrator collaboratively lead and support students, families and school staff to build a vibrant, safe and engaged school community?
- In what ways does this administrator go above and beyond to support and promote the school’s mission within the community at large? Please describe and provide specific examples.
- Please attach one letter of support from a student, parent or teacher that describes how they have been impacted by this Principal (max 250 words).
- Please provide any additional comments or examples of why this administrator is an Amazing Catholic Principal (max 100 words).
- If selected, will you and the administrator you are nominating be able to attend the Foundation’s virtual ceremony on Wednesday, March 3 at 9am EST?
Questions? If you have any questions, concerns or feedback please reach out to the Catholic Foundation’s friendly staff by calling (248) 204-0332 or emailing Christina Shabo at Christina@CatholicFoundationMichigan.org.
Nominations will be evaluated by the Catholic Foundation of Michigan’s Grant and Impact Committee. Careful consideration will be given to the nominee’s demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire intellectual and spiritual development, leadership, responsibility, enthusiasm, curiosity, and creativity. The nominee should be a role model in his/her professional, civic, parish and personal life.
In answering the nomination questions, please be sure to include any leadership activities/events the nominee endorses and promotes at the school, any major, influential additions or changes the nominee has made to the school since they have become an administrator (provide detail on what the change was and the impact it had on the school), other areas of leadership development nominee is responsible for within the school, any areas of involvement in candidate’s local community and/or school community, etc.
Award recipients will be announced at the Foundation’s Catholic Schools Celebration on March 3, 2021.
The Catholic Foundation of Michigan inspires charitable giving and assists donors in providing for the long-term needs of the Catholic parishes, schools, ministries, and nonprofit organizations of southeast Michigan. The Foundation is led by visionary lay Catholics who saw the need to align our charitable giving with our Catholic values. We serve the Catholic community in southeast Michigan by helping ensure that the Church’s outreach will thrive long into the future.